Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tomorrow and the future....


Tomorrow and the future ~ which comes first ?

This was asked by a friend whom I think was in agony. It could be agonising physical pain , emotional or even mentally in pain and suffering eventhough I do not really know which category of agony he was in.

I was not able to answer his question, but I think that "tomorrows " are always better days . And "the future" will always be a mystery. So I think it does not matter which comes first or will either one of it ever comes or not...as long as we treasure every moment we have.

I was once taught by a very compassionate teacher that anytime you spent with anyone , doesnt matter who it is, we should give all our time and attention to that person only. I never really gave it much thought though as I meet & talk to alot of people daily due to my course of work. Till recently, out of frustration and exhaustion , realising the need to slow down.. It is really fantastic if we could just slow down and just listen.....

to the birds singing..the cars passing by...the other person talking...the rain... my mum's nagging.. my dad repeating his questions over & over... Just listen and give them time.

We try not to be too carried away by the future, but to always be here...
As John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans".

1 comment:

  1. well written ..... life's never easy. it's important to be able to realise, wake up and improve all the little obstacles along the path..

    http://ahlianahbeng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete